On July 1, 1935, Victor and Geraldine Thudium opened an office supply store in Lincoln, Illinois. Little did they know that 80 years later that company would still be in operation and have grown to include offices in Davenport, Iowa and Crown Point, Indiana.
The company moved to different locations in downtown Lincoln. Then in 1975, the company broke ground for a new building to house the corporate offices and a growing design department. Memorial Day weekend, 1976, was move-in day for the new building. It had 8,000 square feet of showroom display space – making it the largest office furniture showroom between Chicago and St. Louis.
In 1988, the Thudium family sold the business to Thomas E. Spurgeon. Tom decided to move the company to Peoria, Illinois, enabling it to better serve its clients. The offices were moved to a new building at 7707 N. Knoxville and remained at this location until moving to East Peoria in 2008. Tom purchased additional dealerships in the Quad Cities and Northwest Indiana, and the company continued to grow. Tom decided to retire and sold the company in 2000 to the company's sales manager, William Pape.
Bill has since moved the company to a new building outside East Peoria. This building, for the first time, has combined the sales, design and warehouse departments under one roof.
As office needs have evolved, so has Lincoln Office. Today we offer services for space planning, repairing or refurbishing products, and plan workspaces for one employee or thousands of employees.
In 1935, a husband and wife had an idea for a business and in 2015 that idea continues. Lincoln Office is proud to be locally owned for 80 years and to serve our clients in Central Illinois, Eastern Iowa and Northwest Indiana. We are especially proud to be a part of these great communities!